Wilburton- On Saturday night, April 19, 2014, as part f the program for the Wilburton High School Alumni Banquet, the inaugural induction ceremonies were performed for the WHS Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Seven players, one coach, one team, and one family were all recognized during the proceedings. The players and the coach were officially inducted into the Hall of Fame, while the team and family received special recognition for their outstanding performance and contribution to the athletic program at Wilburton Public Schools.
- The players, coach, team and family received plaques commemorating the event and a duplicate will be placed in the lobby of the new gymnasium, which will act as a temporary home for the Athletic Hall of Fame.
- The induction ceremony for the WHS Athletic Hall of Fame was hardily received by most of the alumni in attendance and will become an annual event at the banquet. With the establishment of this entity being well overdue, there are many more deserving candidates waiting in the wings to be placed in the Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Fans and alumni are urged to join the WHS Athletic Association on the internet at this website and support the program. You do not have to be an alumnus to join, but in order to nominate your favorite players, one has to be a member of the Association.
- There are yearly memberships (Jan-Dec) for $10, and lifetime memberships for $100.
- The plan also includes rewarding, as soon as possible, a $1,000 scholarship to the Senior athlete designated as most demonstrating the spirit of WHS athletics for 2015.